Leicester College will officially re-open for the autumn term on Tuesday 1 September 2020. In line with government guidelines, Leicester College has conducted significant work to keep staff and students as safe as possible and ensure that all campuses are COVID-secure. This will enable the College to welcome thousands of students and staff across its four main campuses in the city.
New safety procedures at Leicester College include:
- Hand sanitizer stations at every entrance
- Additional signage to advise on how to keep safe on campus
- Students and staff will be expected to wear a face covering while on campus (unless they have a medical reason not to do so)
- Social distancing will be maintained in classrooms so most class sizes will be reduced – teaching will be a combination of online and onsite lessons
- Receptions and student services centres have perspex screens
- Only people with breathing or mobility difficulties will be permitted to use the lifts
To maintain social distancing, some lessons will be taught remotely and there will be more independent study away from College. Tutors will be in regular contact with students throughout their timetable and additional support will be available.
New and existing students will enrol online and will be issued with a timetable. They should only come into College buildings when timetabled to do so or if they need to access other facilities such as the library.
To enrol online, read the FAQs or for more information on the safety guidelines in place, visit https://leicestercollege.ac.uk/about/were-open-for-the-autumn-term/
Verity Hancock, Principal and CEO at Leicester College said: “Our staff and support teams have been extremely diligent in getting ready for the autumn term, following all government and official public health guidelines to ensure that all of our facilities, services and courses are ready for the re-opening. The way we work and how each of our campuses look will be a bit different and although we understand that it may take some time to get used to the new arrangements, we can’t wait to get started again and are all really looking forward to welcoming students back to the College.”
For anyone still unsure about what to do for the next stages of their education, it’s not too late to apply for a course at Leicester College.